Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The New Chapter

This is the first official post coming to you from Oregon. I packed up the car and moved yesterday, leaving Sacramento and California behind and trekking toward the future and a new beginning of a new chapter in Oregon. It was probably one of the hardest days I've had to deal with. Coming from a very close-knit family, moving more than 3 hours away is never an easy thing.

Everybody had to be at work before 8 am so they each woke me up at different times to say goodbye. My mom poked her head in at 5:30 and gave me a kiss on the forehead. I dont think she could handle saying goodbye the day of, so we said our goodbyes the night before and refused to wake me up in the morning to do it. My dad came in next and hugged me for the longest time. It was nice. Very little do I get the chance to hug my dad and tell him I love him. And it felt nice to do. We also got to spend some time together on sunday, just the 2 of us (which is even more rare). He gave me a foot rub and we watched a movie together, mostly making fun of it the whole time. Next came my sister at 7:30, one of the hardest goodbyes I've ever had to do. She hugged me goodbye and started to cry on her way out the door. She cried all the way to school and into 3rd period. She tried to explain to her students that she had "bad allgeries." It broke my heart. I spent my trek from sacramento to oregon crying for a majority of the time, mostly thinking about my sister and the hard time she's going to have. I wish I could heal her. I wish I could solve her problems. Moving 8 hours away probably doesn't help.

Change is hard. Although, I'm excited for my future in Oregon. I'm excited to end one chapter and begin a new one. I feel more confident here. I feel at peace and satisfied here. I believe with all my heart that this was the right decision, this was where God was leading me...and its a good feeling to finally arrive at where it is you are supposed to be. Its going to be a good year.

2 Comments:

Blogger aca said...

i hear that...

i hated living behind everyone too.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Brittany said...

STACEY, I miss yooouuuuu, and I am doing pretty good, So now you are in OR I need your new address I want to send you something. love ya

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home