Sunday, September 04, 2005

So Long And Good Night

Its been a long week. I been working 8 hour days for 6 days in a row now and my body is exhausted. I get off at 2am every night (or morning to be technical) but I'm still up for another 2 hours once I get home before I fall asleep. For some reason I haven't been able to sleep lately. Maybe its because I'm bored. Maybe its because I'm alone and I miss my love. Or maybe its because I'm stuck finishing off the last bit of my life in Sacramento waiting anxiously to get out.

Work has probably been the most horrible I've ever seen it. Its the last week of the county fair and we have been busy. Every night I go home and find a new blister on my feet. Tonight I came home and took my shoes off and there was blood on my toes. Ew. Tonight. Crazy stuff. Probably the worst night so far. They closed down the fair early to prevent "rioting", which, of course, only cause people to riot more. I went outside for a breath of fresh air and i open the back door to look in the parking lot. There's about 7 cop cars parked at the gas station, 10 barracading the streets, and a police helicopter overhead. Then there's about 300 people in the parking lot running as police sirens start blaring. I ask one guy what's going on and a pack of 50 people run towards me and start trying to push their way through the back door of the restaurant. Then they all stampede towards the front and barge through the doors to get away from the cops. The cops had to come inside to kick people out. The ones that didn't get kicked out we had to put up with. I saw about 4 different servers cry because they were kicking treated so bad. One of which was Kathi, this 65 year-old woman that we refer to as "grandma" at work. She lost her phone and at the end of the night she called it to try to locate it. This person picks up the phone, says she dropped it at their table while she was talking to them and they stole it, and now they want $100 reward to get it back. Not only that, but they go on to cuss her out and completely tear her apart. Some people got some nerve. She sat with that table (which wasn't even hers) and talked to them for 15 minutes saying they had cute fashion. And then they do that. Its just so discouraging.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I'm tired. My body aches. And my feet smell so bad. Night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

And to think we are supposed to be a civilized society.
Lets go back to the Ole' West when Kathi could of shot them for stealing her 'horse'(aka cell phone).

Okay it's a little different, but it would still awesome.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

I don't really have anything to say, but I liked your story, and I hope your feet are okay:)

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home