Monday, August 01, 2005

Sushi Gives Me Gas

Suddenly, as I'm typing, the song "Its Been Awhile" by Staind has gotten stuck in my head. I haven't really posted all summer and I guess the reason for that is because all the people that read this live in the same hallway as I do...and yet I still am typing.

I'd like to go into talking about summer, but where would I even start? To keep it simple, let's just say that it has been good. I think I'm more excited for these last 9 days than I have been all summer. Not because camp is almost over, but because just in this last week God has moved my feet, and Jeff's feet, so much. I'm excited and extremely anxious to find out what will be going on this next fall, more for Jeff than for me. God is bringing amazing opportunities into his life and I'm excited (again) to see where it is going to take him this fall and in years to come. My life isn't changing too much...back to sacramento...back in school...back at applebee's. The only difference is that this year I plan to go in with a different attitude. I think its about time I grow up. I think its about time I take life with a different attitude. Jeff and I were talking last night about what we hope to accomplish this fall while being in separate places...attitude is one we'd both like to change. We both desire to have an attitude that does nothing more and nothing less than to love, to show love, and to listen...because everybody just wants someone to listen to them. What a simple thought to a powerful ministry, yet its so hard to do.

Well, its short and simple folks and I have to go. As I leave this room I will walk out into the living room and say hello to all the people that will be reading this over the next few days...so "hi" again...I'm right down the hall...Jasen, i borrowed your toothpaste...Ben Price, i ate your sister's chips...Nikki, I have gas..so do you...Amanda, I lost all my other pin-the-date pins...need more...Aaron, you're playing Halo and didn't invite me..so mean...Jeff...you smell.

P.S.- If anybody knows anybody that needs a roommate...might help me out a lot. Peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger nikki })i({ said...

Stacey you're amazing...and even more amazing is that you're here this summer. Seriously you and Jeff have been great this summer. Thanks for all you've done...even though you probably didn't think you did anything. I love ya!

10:16 AM  
Blogger aca said...

it's because of you i am not as crazy as i should be...

so thanks.

see you in the hallway.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Danae said...

i still read! and i'm not in the hallway. sadness. thanks for your comment on my xanga... it made me smile. miss you!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home