Monday, February 14, 2005

Bed-pans and Broomsticks

And I'm back...with the same enthusiasm that you are used to the good ol' stacey having.

So I spent the weekend at camp. Jeff was leading worship at a camp this weekend and Heather and I decided to trek along. Man, oh man! We had no idea what we were in for. It was a bowl of laughs folks...and an occasional tear.

The drive to camp was beautiful. It was a highway through the backroads of the mountains. Along the way we saw these old, beat-up, houses that were just absolutely breathtaking. We came to the conclusion that there is so much beauty to be found in the ugliness. We drove through several small towns and came to this one called "Frogtown" where apparently we are supposed to "Schedule your next event here." (Or so the signs every 4 feet told us). Driving through Frogtown was a sign that read "You are now entering a kindness area." What Frogtown didnt know is that, when people drive slow and we're in a hurry, Heather and I are not the kindest people in the world. We drove through what we assumed was the village part and passed the bronze statue of the frog. A few cops passed us...we drove faster cause we figured they were after us for not being kind.

The funny thing about driving to camp is that (because we came and went several times) we adopted our own landmarks. We would be driving back to camp and it went something like this, "Hey, there's the dead possum, which means we're about 3 miles from camp. And there's the dead cat, which means our turn is up here. And, hey! A dead deer! That one's new!."

So we finally got to camp. We stayed in the infirmary...which is always a dangerous thing to do when you have 2 bored girls that love to explore drawers and have nothing better to do....lucky for them the drawers and cabinets were locked. But we did find bed-pans...hehehe. Because they got smart and locked the cabinets we decided to explore outside. We played a game of tetherball that lasted for almost an hour because the top of the pole is not welded down, so the ball kept swinging and swinging and swinging (and swinging)...and not once would it wrap around the darn pole.

For not having anything to do, we sure made a lot of fun. We pulled pranks on the guys...this is where the bed-pans came in. We ate chips...a lot. We studied...no, no we really never got around to that. We sat in the "friendship circle" hoping to make a few friends and nobody would come and sit with us. Then we would leave and another guy would sit down and everybody would flock to him to make friends. We kept ourselves entertained. Heather and I got to talk a lot just about what's been going on with both of us...it was fun. The boys did an amazing job with worship and staying away from us. It was a fun weekend. However, heather and I had to leave at 6 in the morning so i could be back for work at 9:30. I was so tired at work I kept tripping and stumbling over myself. At one point, I slipped on guacamole and slammed into a wall.

Which brings us to Valentine's Day. You'd think I'd be excited because its my first time I actually get to spend it with someone I love, but I'm kind of bummed. I get to spend the day studying for 3 exams this week. Jeff's still at camp and wont be back into town until 3p...at which point I will be back in class. Straight from class I go to work to serve other couples in love (who dont have to work) on our busiest day of the year. Which means, I dont get off work until around 11 or 12 night. So I, on this "Day O'Love" get to spend Valentine's with everybody BUT my boyfriend...great. I'm just waiting for 11pm to roll by so I can hug the man I love. Everybody else...have a great day. I hope you all get lots of candy grams and spiderman valentine's!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heddah said...

Okay... about the tetherball, it wasn't very fair that you kept swinging it over my head and saying "Your too short to play". That kind of hurt my feelings... but at least I got to sing an Avril Lavigne song on the stage... that was a fun weekend :)

1:11 PM  
Blogger Alyzzle said...

i wish i could have hung with you guys. i would've been your friend in the friendship circle.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home