Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The Mentals of Fundamentals

So classes have started back up again and the semester has begun. Yesterday was fun. Jeff and I carpooled to school (look how cute we are). It wasnt a cute moment though. I have class at 8am and was woken up at 7am. This is never a good thing. It's like waking up a bear in the middle of hibernation. 1) Its dangerous and your head could get bitten off or you could get clawed to death and 2) You just dont ever do that.


Anyways, we get to the campus and its Jeff's first day there so he doesn't know where anything is. So i point out all the places to him and all the buildings where his classes are. I felt like a mom walking her five year old around, holding his hand, and pointing everything out and trying to make him understand. At one point we were walking and I was like, "That's amador hall, where your history class is. Thats mariposa, your economics class is there....and that...that's a tree. Can you say tree?" Jeff didnt think it was funny. I thought i was hysterical. Take note heather nunn, this is how you be funny.

My classes were interesting. My first class is Micriobiology and i walk in and the last seat available is in the middle of a back row. So i had to crawl over about 10 people, stepping on about 101 toes (i swear one guy had 6 toes...weird). I sit down. There's no leg room, i'm eating my kneecaps. I pull out the retractable desk and hit the girl next to me in the elbow. The professor comes in...she's an interesting case. She's the kind that talks with her hands...A LOT. So she starts talking and I got confused. I wasnt sure if i was in microbiology or a sign language class. I swear, if i were a person walking by and peaked through the window, i would have thought the whole class was deaf the way that woman was using her hands.

So my class gets done and i dont have another one until 3p. I came home and counted all my change and for some reason decided it was a good time to start a tithing jar. I'll tell you about that tomorrow. We're focusing on school today.

Anyways, I go back to school for my bio lab at 3p. I get there and my professor that teaches the lab is this russian woman. I'll give you her name and see if you can pronounce it: Krassimira Hristova. Yeah. So i cant even begin to pronounce and therefore cant ever resort to asking questions in the class cause i dont know how to call her over. I suppose if i just cough like i have flem in my throat it sounds russian so she'll think i'm calling her name and come over. Sounds the same. Anyways, we're sitting in lab and she's going over safety procedures. Maybe it was just me, but after every procedure she read she sounded like she was gonna cry. She would talk about how to be careful with the microscopes cause they might break and all of a sudden her voice would crack and she choked up...i think i actually saw a few tears. Microscopes...man they get to you...make me so emotional sometimes...


3 Comments:

Blogger Danae said...

you, my friend, are a dang good writer. has anyone ever told you that?? i think you're flippin great. so funny... i feel like i'm there. every time. good going. ;)

oh, and i got the book! thank you SO SO much. i started it last night (when i should have been sleeping) and i tried reading more tonight at starbucks, but some guy by me was talking rather passionately about grammar of all things. i couldn't concentrate. but i will read more tomorrow. thanks.

12:17 AM  
Blogger CodyBrock said...

Just take a bottle of vodka out and place it on the desk when you want her to come over. And wear a fez...just 'cause they're awesome

6:04 PM  
Blogger Alyzzle said...

update this thing or i might get angry.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home