Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The Ghosts of Regrets

Have you ever literally been haunted by your past? So for the past half hour or so i've been lying here thinking. And all these scenes have just been rushing into my head of things i've said, things i've done, and things i've regretted and i am literally haunted by them. They make me cringe, they make me cry, they make me angry and regretful...they make me hate myself and what i've become. And so I sit here and do nothing but wince at every bad memory, every time i screwed up, every time i did something that wasn't my true hearts desire...every time i claimed to want God and then chased after my own fleshly hungers. Seems like lately i've been having more and more of these days. And as much as I regret them and long for them to be gone, i keep getting myself into them. Weakness...not exactly the most comforting feeling in the world.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey said...

Stace,
I love you. That's all I have to offer you. My love, as empty as the words appear in print, is all I can give you. The past is the past, let it be what it is and don't look back except to make sure you aren't repeating it. You are amazing and I want to be near you now. I'm sorry I've let you down.
Jeff...

7:58 AM  
Blogger Heddah said...

Hey, first off what you wrote could be a country song.. since I do sing like Martina McBride and I am a local celebrity I'll see what I can do. But really Stace, if you can't let go of the past then your telling God He's not powerful enough to remove your sins. And guess what? He is. I know it's hard to let go and not dwell on the crappy stuff we've done, but realize how amazing our God is and how He is willing to do anything to bring us back to him. Ya the past can suck but you can either be bitter from it, or better from it. :) That's my cheesy christian response to you :) i'm always here to talk if you need me

2:20 PM  
Blogger CodyBrock said...

Our past of things we've done which we now regret remains such a strong memory to us so it can be a reminder. That way if we don't forget the consequences and don't risk doing it again. You see, conviction comes from the Holy Spirit, and guilt comes from the enemy. After conviction and you've asked God to forgive you, Scripture tells us He seperates our sin from us as far as the east is from the west. It's Satan who dangles our past in front of us, so we can't get a full view of what's ahead. Press on, Stacey. You have such a good heart and I really can't wait to see how God uses it
-Cody

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home