Friday, August 26, 2005

Free At Last

So the big 2-2 has come and gone. Probably had to be the least exciting birthday. I think from here on out its all downhill...not much more to look forward to as far as birthdays. You had your 16th when you could drive, 18th when you were legal for cigarettes and free of statchatory rape, and of course the most looked forward 21st where you could legally become an alcoholic. I first got to spend my birthday with my family on sunday where Cody got to experience my family for the first time. It was eventful. We got to see my mom and dad re-enact before our very eyes how i was conceived (ew. i just grossed myself out). Grandma was at her finest. Every five minutes when somebody wished me a happy birthday she felt the need to yell with anger, "It's not OFFICIALLY her birthday yet." Then Cody illegally and unofficially beat me at scrabble...i still contend that "chi" is not a word.

Then we made a trip to Oregon the next day. It was fun. Got to hang with Jeff and his friends in Roseburg and saw my first drunk man in a wheelchair. He had the kind you can steer with a joystick and he kept spinning in circles and jetting back and forth. I think he was trying to dance. Then my official birthday was spent driving for 8 hours from oregon back to sacramento where we took as long as possible to get back.

So everybody will be happy to know that I have finally got some direction for this fall. On September 19th I will be moving to Oregon and getting out of Sacramento. Feels good to have peace at last. I'm excited.

4 Comments:

Blogger nikki })i({ said...

I'm exicted for you Stacey. And I agree...22 wasn't that good. Everyone hated me on my Birthday, I was moody...but when am I not. Ah well. Sorry I missed yours. Happy Belated Birthday!

8:41 PM  
Blogger aca said...

happy belated birthday.

congrats in the life change. i am stoked for you.

amanda

11:12 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

Happy Birthday, I am not saying belated and you can't make me. Sounds like you spent your unofficial birthday with a fun group. How is your penguin?

10:10 PM  
Blogger debbie said...

happy birthday! omigosh, sorry that I didn't tell you before that 22 isn't that great, but heck you get to spend time with Cody. That's freggin present enough, right? I love you.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home