Friday, September 19, 2008

The picture you've all been waiting for...

Another day at sea. I somehow mustered up the courage to bust out with my bikini today and try to tan my white ass…well more like my arms and legs. I’m kind of shy about it. I wasn’t courageous enough to be full blown in my bikini so I would only remove my shirt or my jeans, but not both at once. Not only that, but I couldn’t stand up to put things on and off because I thought it would attract too much attention, so I would lay on the lounge chair and slide it off and on. I know, I’m a nerd.

Not much going on today other than laying out and doing some reading. Right before dinner we headed up to the upper decks to observe the scenery. We were traveling through the Strait of Gibraltar where Africa is right on one side and Europe is on the other. Cool. As we were traveling up in the elevator, guess who would happen to pop in with us for the ride up…RODNEY!!! Oh my goodness I was so excited! The doors were about to close and I was looking down at my feet and all of a sudden this hand catches it to keep it open and in he and his wife waltz. Jeff and I just both smiled at each other. I was so stoked about it that I almost couldn’t muster out any words…its like running into a celebrity. Finally I choked out, “Are you guys enjoying your day?” And he just looked at me and giggled. Oh, Rodney. We had a moment…and then he was gone again. We did run into him again later at sunset, and yes, I was able to get a picture of him for you guys. You’ve waited so long, here it is…


Here he is, ladies and gentlemen, Rodney Asianfield. Do you see why he always brings a smile to our face!
Jeff laughs everytime he sees this sign. He leaned over to me the other day and said, "I think that lifesaver has a really good idea."
Today's weather. Beautiful skies.
This was the sunrise this morning. I would love to say how beautiful it was, but Jeff actually took this. I was still asleep. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home