Sunday, October 17, 2004

Leaving Romeo and Juliet in the dust

Just to warn you guys, this post is going to be about love. So if you dont want to hear it, well, then I must tell you to close the window...because I just had the most amazing day of my life yesterday.

So I was told the other day by a friend--who had just met my boyfriend for the first time--that he is not my type...well this is what I have to say to that.

To say that Jeff is not my type or that we weren't meant for each other is like saying that Romeo was not meant for Juliet and she for him; Harry was not meant for Sally; Scarlett was not meant for Rhett (Gone With the Wind); Burt was not meant for Ernie. To deny this fact would be denying love in the most true sense of the word, because--as Americans, as humans--if you do not believe that those were the greatest love stories of all time, then you do not believe in love my friend. And if any does not believe that Jeff is not meant for me and I for him, then you do not believe in love...because the only difference between us and the above characters, is that our love isn't fiction written down on paper. We're not some story made up, a cast drafted, and a movie made...we are one of the greatest love stories ever lived out in person. How do i know, well...I thought you would never ask about my perfect day.

Love is standing off in the distance watching their every move, their every smile, their every note sung with such heart, their every chord strummed on a guitar with such passion, and just being captivated and overwhelmed by the simple thought of "Wow, this is a man of God."

Love is sitting next to each other on the floor, watching old Seinfeld episodes and SNL skits and just enjoying each other's company and making each other laugh.

Love is lying next to each other (with room for the Holy Spirit, dont worry) and just studying each other's faces--every wrinkle when they smile, every freckle, every speck of green in their eyes, the curve of their lips, the shape of their face, the slope of their nose.

Love is talking about what God is doing and what we want God to be doing in our lives...both apart and together.

Love is crying over the simple fact that you never thought, you never knew, you never even dreamed that you could ever know a love so amazing, so true, so pure, so beautiful. You never even knew it was possible to love somebody so much

Most importantly, love is saying good night by praying together, both for each other and for the relationship itself...while rain is beating on the window.

And this was all in one day folks...

So, to those out there who think we're not each other's "types"--if by now you are not convinced that Jeff and I were MADE to love each other and to live in this kind of fellowship with each other, then you have no clue what love is...because Romeo and Juliet aint got nothing on us.

13 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey said...

You are my Mumpkin. I love you forever. Your "friend" is a liar. She made us miss Huckabees.
We were made for each other. I love you so much.

They will see!

9:11 PM  
Blogger aca said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:02 PM  
Blogger aca said...

man you guys are ridiculous... and i'm not even bitter.

10:03 PM  
Blogger ry said...

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing! I can tell you are moved by the Spirit and an extremely sensitive human being. Glad to see there are still some out there! Journey On in Love and Peace and Happiness!

11:23 PM  
Blogger stacey said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:59 PM  
Blogger stacey said...

Hey lame-o's (amanda and luke),if you dont want to hear about it, then dont read it. this is my journal about my thoughts and feelings and ill post whatever the hell i want. i'm tired of people knockin' us for posting it on our blogs...we love each other...get over it.

12:03 AM  
Blogger nikki })i({ said...

stacey- I just wanna know how you get all of these cool people to post on your blog!? I don't get people from other countries or other states that visit mine. Man you're so popular.

I liked your post and I'm glad that you've found someone. It's like reading a romance novel, only I know you guys. But I don't read romance novels...I just watch the movies. I hate reading.

12:47 PM  
Blogger stacey said...

Gerald, my friend, i dont know who the hell you are, but you're awesome in my book. Keep going another 20 strong.

On that note...Nikki, i have no idea how all these people are finding out about my blog, but apparently they like what i'm saying...and i like to hear feedback from them (except from the heebeejeebew guy--he gave me the heebeejeebees).

So yeah, all those strangers out there who feel what i'm saying...keep dropping me notes, you're awesome...except you heebeejeebew.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Alyzzle said...

Stace,

I'm crying because I want to laugh harder only these staples in my stomach are preventing me from doing that. You are so popular! Dang! Oh that was a good one.

5:32 PM  
Blogger stacey said...

staples in your stomach! woman what the hell happened to you that they're having to staple you back together!!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I totally know what you mean! I felt/feel the same way about Dave (if you don't believe me just check out my blog - It is almost as sappy). I can't imagine not being about to see your man more than a couple of days per month on such a long term basis. Know that you two are in my prayers.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Alyzzle said...

stacey, how can i read new entries when there aren't any?

10:05 PM  
Blogger CodyBrock said...

You mentioned Romeo and Juliet. Think of any great romance story. Even in the Bible. No two lovers worth mention had it easy. James meets Susan, they fall in love, the end? No, never. It's the ones that could stick thru it altho they live so far apart. Anybody can love with the comfort of seeing that person everyday. But to live oh a phone call? Email? Forcing trips back and forth? THAT'S LOVE. And that's what makes this all worth it. Somtimes when it's rainy you can't see the sun...but it's always there.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home